(KJV): “ Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.  And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
(NIV); “3 Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus v4 No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer v5 Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules.
(CEV): “3 – As a good soldier of Christ Jesus you must endure your share of suffering. v4 Soldiers on duty don’t work at outside jobs. They try only to please their commanding officer. v5 No one wins an athletic contest without obeying the rules”.
This is the condition of the world, it’s full darkness. We represent Him & we have The Light in us,, so we need to go out turn on our light & shin. The easiest way you do that is treat people good be nice people, do not be part of the gossip, backbiting. If you are going to be witness to the world, you have to be consistent – Be out the world & fight greed, by being very generous
1. To be a Christian implies you are a soldier for Christ: a defender of the Christian faith
2. A true believer must be prepared to go through difficult times and gladly endure hardness without complaining
3. A Christian must focus on his primary duties, of defending and promoting The Faith
4. No soldier on the battlefield is engaged in the affairs of this life, but rather focuses on defending himself and seeking to accomplish his goals as a soldier. So also, Christians must behave.
5. There is a Reward for genuine work in our Christian walk. It’s time to abandon all hypocrisy, and make every for excellence
Heaven Father thank you for your Loving Kindness. Thank you for the privilege to serve as a soldier of Christ. Forgive me Oh Lord for my mistakes. Grant me ace to endure hardness as I serve you, without hypocrisy, but to make every effort for excellence