‘For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.’ Proverbs 23:7 NKJV
Your mind determines where your life goes (ie; how you are going to turn out in life) – change your thinking, change your life. Nothing is more beneficial than a made-up mind – make a decision to do something good with your life. Make your mind up that anything that ‘anybody’ can have, you are going to be one of the ‘anybody’. If you keep your mind full of good things (like, who you can help, encourage, etc you), when the devil comes he will not get anywhere to occupy. If you have a very good love walk the devil not know what to do with you, because your mind is fully occupied with good & there will be no parking space for the devil.
God has Given us a sound mind, and anything that comes against a sound mind is not from God. The enemy/devil is after your mind, not your house, car, family, etc. NO! he is using all those things as tools to get into your mind…then he can destroy you. All our problems come from our mind – the mind is our biggest problem. The mind is the battlefield for the devil against your life. Our mind may be pulled in opposite directions by God & by d devil – the battle is in your mind.
Strongholds are fortified houses of thoughts – not all strongholds are negative. Our tradition without God becomes a stronghold and becomes demonic. God’s Plan is for you to meditate His Word because the mind holds on strongly to any knowledge that its fed with (negative stronghold). Positive strongholds for God’s Word will resist the negative strongholds that lead to addictions, and devilish things that can hold you back.
We can take authority over these thoughts in The Name of Jesus and pull down their strongholds. Our Spiritual Weapons are Full of Power (Dunamis) for The Pulling Down of strongholds of unbelief (2 Corinthians 10:3-6). if you are ever going to deal with an addictive behaviour, deal with your mindset by Renewing your mind with God’s Word. Renewing your mind is a life –long process – if you stop it you will go back to your old way of thinking giving you the same old life – reading alone is not enough even though it’s part of it; mind renewing occurs when you read and you do what you read (set your mind to do The Word you read).
When we’re young, we’re told, ‘Mind your manners.’ In our careers, we’re told, ‘Mind your business.’ Well, here is some wise counsel that applies to all of life: ‘Mind your mind!’ When you lose out in that arena, you lose out everywhere else! In Proverbs 23, Solomon outlines six principles to live by when it comes to thinking:
(1) Your thoughts determine your character. ‘For as he thinks in his heart, so is he’ (Proverbs 23:7). Before you tell a lie, you first entertain it and think like a liar. Before you commit adultery, you first entertain a fantasy. So if you don’t want to do something, stop dwelling on it!
(2) Don’t waste your thoughts on people who don’t value them. ‘Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of your words’ (Proverbs 23:9 NKJV).
(3) The first person you must learn to lead is yourself. ‘Apply your heart to instruction, and your ears to words of knowledge’ (Proverbs 23:12 NKJV). As long as you keep growing, you can keep leading.
(4) Be sure your role models are people of principle and integrity. ‘Do not let your heart envy sinners’ (Proverbs 23:17 NKJV).
(5) Remain confident that the Vision God has Given you will come to pass. ‘Be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day: for surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off’ (Proverbs 23:17-18 NKJV).
(6) Remain steadfast in what you know is right. Don’t get side-tracked. ‘Hear…and be wise; and guide your heart in the way’ (Proverbs 23:19 NKJV).
Bottom line: mind your mind (Renew your mind about the fact that God has already Moved). AMEN